The Cuisinart DTC-975 is a 12-cup coffeemaker that can also be programmed. The carafe has a patented design allowing the coffee to be both brewed and poured right through the lid. It’s also a stainless steel carafe that is double-wall insulated for thermal protection to keep that coffee hot. When the coffee is ready, the appliance beeps to let you know, and it also allows you to pause the brewing to get a cup before the whole pot is finished.
Overall Rating: 3.9/5
Number of Reviews: 2,641 (as of February 14, 2017)
Read the reviews
Cuisinart DTC-975 Highlights and Lowlights Summary
- Users love the thermal carafe that comes with this coffeemaker because it will keep the coffee hot all day. It’s a 12 ounce carafe, which is larger than most other thermal carafes.
- There is no heating element that causes the coffee to be burned. The coffee doesn’t keep cooking throughout the day, turning bitterer with each hour. It simply stays hot inside the thermal carafe.
- The coffeemaker automatically turns off when the coffee is finished brewing.
- Some people who own this coffee have problems with the way the lid screws on the carafe. They say it’s awkward and doesn’t always screw on properly.
- Users say that the carafe tends to leak if you don’t make sure that it’s set on the appliance properly.
- Some owners complain about the loudness of the “done” beep on this coffeemaker, although others are appreciative that it is so loud. This one is really split about half and half.
Reviews Summary / Product Overview Narrative
The Cuisinart DTC-975 is a 12-cup coffeemaker that comes with a stainless steel thermal carafe that keeps coffee hot for up to 12 hours, and even longer according to some reviewers. The patented Cuisinart brew through and pour through system for the lid means that you don’t have to remove the lid in order to start brewing coffee or to pour it.
The best thing about this coffeemaker is by far the thermal carafe, as there isn’t a user on any of these review sites that can talk about how well it keeps coffee hot. Even users who give the coffeemaker one or two starts generally mention that the carafe keeps the coffee extremely hot. Owners seem to have a love hate relationship with the patented lid design because it does make it easy to brew and pour because the lid doesn’t have to come off, but when the lid does come off, it’s kind of tricky to get back on because it has to be screw on correctly.
Most people agree with this list of benefits:
- Keeps coffee hot all day
- Keeps coffee from being burned or turning bitter
- Carafe is unbreakable.
- Beep alerts you to a complete pot of coffee.
The biggest problem with this coffeemaker is the leakage issue. Numerous people talk about it leaking all over the counter or floor for no obvious reason. This is by far the number one complaint expressed by the negative reviewers within the 477 reviews on the three websites we looked at. A few reviewers seem to think that the issue is caused by overfilling the appliance, while others believe that this applies to the last version of this model and that the issue has been fixed.
In general, anyone who wants a coffee pot that will keep coffee hot for long periods of time without burning it will definitely appreciate this product.
Compare Prices on the Cuisinart DTC 975 Coffee Maker
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available in Amazon.com, eBay, Buy.com (dba Rakuten.com Shopping).
- At amazon.com you can purchase Cuisinart DTC-975BKN 12 Cup Programmable Thermal Brewer (Black) for only $80.99
- The lowest price of Cuisinart DTC-975 12-cup Programmable Auto Brew Coffee Maker was obtained on May 18, 2019 1:56 pm.