The Weber Q 100 grill is…well…great! The Weber Q100 has loads of great reviews on Amazon, and there is good reason why. However, does this mean that the Weber Q 100 grill is right for you? The Weber Q 100 grill’s lid and body is cast in tough cast aluminum with a sturdy glass-reinforced nylon frame.
Overall rating at Amazon.com based on over 225 user reviews:
4.95 stars – “Superb” Rating
The grill ignites at the push of a button for reliable lighting, and an infinitely adjustable burner valve with a high-quality regulator makes it easy to control the heat. Meat sizzles on the porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, while drippings follow the drip ducts to reduce potential flare-ups and enable quicker cleaning. I love the grilling surface. It is heavy duty and easy to clean. If you have ever used a grill with a thinner, lower quality grilling surface you’ll know what I’m talking about. Other highlights of the Weber Q100 gas grill include a flavorizer system integrated into the cooking grate, a removable catch pan, and a large weather-resistant lid handle.
The grill operates on a standard 14.1- or 16.4-ounce propane cylinder. Propane does not come included, but Weber does enclose a Weber Q cookbook of recipes and inspiration. The grill measures 16 by 27 by 23-1/2 inches with the lid open and carries a five-year limited warranty. For those of you wondering if this grill gets hot enough to cook steaks… it sure does. Update: [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][easyazon-link asin=”B000WOTUCI”]The Weber Baby Q100 386002 propane grill is currently on sale at Amazon[/easyazon-link]
The Weber Q 100 Portable Gas Grill is a great grill solution for these people…
- Anyone who wants a dependable grill to bring along on road trips. This is a PORTABLE grill, and is great to bring along camping, on RV trips, to tailgate parties, or anywhere else.
- Anyone who needs a basic, affordable, and dependable grill for family cooking at home.
- Those with limited space (such as an apartment or townhouse).
- Anyone who loves great BBQ meats and seafood.
[/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][easyazon-block asin=”B000WOTUCI” align=”center”]
Watch the following video to see the Baby Q 100 in use!
Let’s Look at The Key Features of the Weber Q100 Portable Gas Grill
- Portable propane gas grill with 189-square-inch cooking area.
- Cast-aluminum lid and body with glass-reinforced nylon frame.
- 8,500-BTU stainless-steel burner; push-button ignition; adjustable burner valve.
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
- Removable drip pan
- Weather-resistant handle
- Measures 16 by 27 by 23-1/2 inches with lid open.
- Weighs 29.2 lbs.
- 5-year limited warranty
The Pros and Cons of the Weber Q100
- For a portable grill, the Baby Q is generous on grill space. There is enough room to easily fit 6 burgers on it, or two average sized tri-tips.
- Its 8,000 BTUs provides plenty of heat. You can get a good sear with a short preheat.
- Even heating throughout the grill surface. This is great because all the meat will cook evenly.
- Very fuel efficient. A 5lb propane bottle will last all summer when using the grill once or twice per week. NOTE: You will need the adapter in order to run it with a 5lb bottle.
- It seems a little sensitive to wind. Get a good breeze blowing through the side vents and your cooking time may be extended by 30% or so.
- The fuel canister that the grill requires is the 14 oz. version and not the standard 16 oz. The 14 oz. canisters are the type that are used by blowtorches, so make sure to look in the hardware department for your fuel canisters.
- The holes in the burner can get clogged when cooking saucy meats. Though this isn’t an issue related to this grill in particular. The holes can be unclogged easily enough with a safety pin.
While this little baby will work perfectly right out of the box, there are some nice accessories to go with this grill. The accessories I recommend are..
- Vinyl Cover 6550 – This cover will help extend the life of your grill and keep the dirt and dust out when you’re not using it. The cover is heavy duty, and will last for a long time. I have one on my grill, which is stored outside in Arizona. The cover has lasted three years so far, and shows no sign of needing replacement. [easyazon-link asin=”B000WEMFQG”]See the 6550 Vinyl Cover at Amazon.com.[/easyazon-link]
- Weber 6507 Rolling Cart – This cart makes it easy to transport a Weber Q grill right to the action and then set it up for cooking. For ride mode, simply fold the cart down, place the grill into position on top, and strap it in (strap included). The lower shelf has an integrated handle for pulling and two caster wheels provide smooth rolling. To park the cart, remove the grill and unfold, then set the grill back on. The stand locks securely in place when in use, then folds compactly for storing in car trunks and compact areas. This cart fits Weber Q 100 and Weber Q 200 series grills and Weber Char Q grills. [easyazon-link asin=”B0044985A0″]See the 6507 Rolling Cart at Amazon.com.[/easyazon-link]
- 6501 6-Foot Adapter Hose – In my opinion, this is a MUST! Buy two! If you want to hook up a 5 gallon propane tank to you grill, you will need this. If you’re using this at home a bigger tank will save you a bunch of money in the long haul, while reducing waste. [easyazon-link asin=”B0012XXD4Y”]See the 6501 adapter hose at Amazon.com.[/easyazon-link]
[easyazon-block asin=”B000WOTUCI” align=”center”]
What Current Owners Think About It…
Desert Hog Rider says… We were getting tired of buying & throwing away little cheapo portable grills and decided to step it up to a Weber since we have one at home. This gril is heavy duty, love the grate since it is easy clean, even heat throughout and veggies & fish don’t fall through like a normal wire grill. Weber makes the best grills and we are sure this one will provide us years of use! Review edited for size. Click here to read original review at Amazon.com.
Kurtis A. says… Great grill, well worth the money; a 5 in my book. Basically, it’s perfect for those who move apartments often (portable), travel or camp, as well as an everyday griller. Perfect for those with small decks/yards. Small/portable, but big enough to cook for multiple people. Cast iron grate with very small openings between grates; great for grilling vegetables that usually fall through the smaller metal grates (also retains heat better). Review edited for size. Click here to read original review at Amazon.com.