Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub
A sweet and spicy rub - great for ribs, pork, or chicken on the grill
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1/2 tbsp Red pepper flakes More or less to taste
- 1 tbsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chili powder More or less to taste
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Rub meat with a layer of yellow mustard. This the holding agent, and will help the rub stick to the ribs. Mustard will cook off and you won't taste it when done.
- Rub on prepared meat. If you can do this 24 hours in advance, great. If only a few hours prior, that works too. At the very least, give it an hour between the time you apply the rub and put this on the grill or in the Solar cooker.
This works great with our Jamaican Jerk Mop Sauce recipe! Rub your meat with this rub, and then finish off the cook with the mop sauce. Do something amazing with your grilling this weekend!
Calories: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 900mgPotassium: 105mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 900IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!