Weber is one of the oldest grill makers in the U.S., coming out with new lines for over 50 years. One of their recent slogans is “it has to be uncomplicated…and it has to be delicious.” The Weber Spirit E-310 model seems to meet those standards, according to reviews by users.
The Weber Spirit E-310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a mid-size model with three burners. Both beginning, intermediate and advanced grillers were impressed with it. The Spirit E-310 builds on Weber’s best-selling Spirit E-210 model by adding one additional burner and extra grilling surface space.
Here is a closer look at the Weber Spirit E-310, what people liked about it and what they didn’t. It will help you decide if this model is the best one for your needs.
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Number of Reviews: 1,522 (as of February 18, 2017)
Read the reviews
From Home Depot:
Overall Rating: 4.6/5
Number of Reviews: 279 (as of February 16, 2017)
91% of customers recommend this grill.
Read the reviews
Weber Spirit E-310 Features:
- The Weber Spirit E-310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill has three burners and porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates.
- The burners put out 32,000 BTU an hour. It is started using an electronic ignition system.
- The Weber Spirit E-310 has a total cooking area of 529 sq. in., divided into 424 sq. in. of main cooking space plus 105 sq. in. for the warming rack. This is room enough to cook a 20 lb. turkey or roast both vegetables and meats or chicken at the same time.
- It has two work surfaces that are made of stainless steel, with the control panel is mounted in front. The shroud is porcelain-enameled, with a thermometer at the center. It has four heavy-duty casters, two front-locking and two swivel.
- There is a fuel gauge for the liquid propane models. You can also buy a natural gas model with a 10’ flexible hose.
Weber Spirit E-310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill Review Summary
Five features that reviewers especially noted were:
- The construction is solid.
- Assembly took time, but wasn’t actually difficult. The instructions are very easy to follow.
- It is easy to control the heat and you get even cooking.
- The grates heat quickly and evenly.
- The fuel gauge is very handy so you don’t run out of fuel.
Spirit E-310 Positives
Here is a look at what reviewers commented favorably on:
- The cast iron grates are a delight to cook on, providing high heat and even temperature.
- Food comes out juicy.
- The temperature gauge is very handy.
- The propane gauge makes it easy to see how much fuel is left.
- It has lots of cooking space and it is very easy to cook two chickens on a rotisserie at the same time, or 10 or more hamburger patties.
- Several people commented that Weber products last for years and years.
- The warranty is very good and parts are easy to find.
- There is a useful amount of storage beneath the grill.
- It is easy to clean.
- The stainless steel gas tubes are solidly constructed.
- It is very quiet.
Spirit E-310 Negatives
Here is a look at what users didn’t like:
- The side tables don’t fold down.
- Some models have do not have a hinged front door to get to the propane tank. Instead it has an inconvenient cheap panel. This does not seem to be true of all models but depends on where you buy it, for example, Lowe’s.
- The cover is an additional cost, not included with the original purchase.
- Some reviewers felt the casters were cheaply made.
If you are looking at similar Weber grills, here is a quick look at differences.
The Spirit E-320 has a side burner available that the E-310 does not have.
The Genesis S-310 has several differences:
- 637 sq. in. cooking space
- 30 in. deep instead of 32 in. for the E-310
- 60 in. wide instead of 52 in. for the E-310
- 7mm diameter stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Stainless steel Flavorizer bars
- Stainless steel shroud
The Weber Spirit E-210 has 360 sq. in. cooking space and stainless steel fold-down tables. The biggest difference though is that the Spirit E-210 sports two burners instead of three. The Spirit E-210 is designed for small spaces. Click here to learn more about the Weber Spirit E-210.
The Genesis E-310 has two differences:
- 38,000 BTU
- 637 sq. in. cooking and warming area
Who Is It Right For:
- The E-310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a good choice if you are cooking for 2-7 people.
- It is a mid-size grill that fits easily on most patios.
- It works well for beginner, intermediate and advanced grillers.
- If you can use a screwdriver fairly well and follow instructions, you should be able to assemble it.
The Spirit E-310 Might Not Right For You If:
- If you live in an apartment or otherwise have limited space, it is probably a little large. You might want to look at Weber’s portable grills instead.
- If you routinely cook for four eaters or less, it might be bigger than you need. Though if you have room for it, it’s nice to have extra grill space for entertaining.
- If you can’t assemble appliances using a screwdriver, this will cause you a headache. You can buy it with assembly provided for an additional price, or have a local handyman assemble it.
Overall, this is a good choice if you feed more than four people on a regular basis. A mid-size model, it will fit in well on most patios. It is a well made, easy to use grill for all levels of cooks.
Compare Prices on the Weber Spirit E-310
Price Information and History
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available in eBay, Amazon.com.
- At ebay.com you can purchase Weber Spirit E 310 E310 Igniter GENUINE for only $22.09, which is 96% less than the cost in Amazon.com ($599.00).
- The lowest price of Weber 46810001 Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Black was obtained on May 15, 2019 10:03 am.